Reasons for amending accounts
- Discrepancies in the member contributions.
- Clear the dummy numbers created because of name & NIC mismatches.
- Payment of contributions for many members under a same number or for a member under different numbers.
- Payment of contributions credited to the refunded account.
Amending member accounts
The following steps should be taken depending on the nature of the amendment:
- A letter from the employer requesting for necessary account amendments should be addressed to the Superintendent, EPF, Central Bank, Colombo 1. Such request should be sent along with the certified copies of NIC, “B” Card and Birth Certificate.
- Name on NIC and “B” Card should be same, if not “B” Card need to be amended according to NIC.
- Complete monthly contribution details from the beginning of employment to end of employment need to be submitted for all the employees relevant to the amendment according to attached format (Download the Format here).
- If the employer is no longer active, an advice letter from Deputy Labour Commissioner / Labour Officer should be submitted along with the other relevant documents available.
- In the case of deceased member, if NIC and “B” Card not available an advice letter need to be submitted from Deputy Labour Commissioner / Labour Officer, Labour Department, “L” Division – 8th Floor, Narahenpita, Colombo 5.
- If the contributions credited for many members under same number or for a member under different numbers, a complete contribution details and correct member numbers need to be clearly mentioned in the letter along with the certified copies of “B” cards.
- If the contributions credited to refunded account, new member number need to be created to transfer the contributions credited after the first payment. Attach “B” Card for new number.