Reasons for amending NIC numbers
- Incorrect NIC number being added to the member
- Change of NIC number with the issue of new NIC
- Another member’s NIC number has been mistakenly used for the correct/incorrectname
- Same NIC number being added to several members
Amending NIC numbers
The following steps should be taken depending on the nature of the amendment:
- The amendment request should be sent along with certified copies of B card, National Identity Card and birth certificate.
- If the NIC number appears in the B card is different from the NIC number, the B card should be amended with the recommendation of the District Labour Commissioner and AH should be amended from the Central Filing Section, Department of Labour, 9th Floor, Narahenpita, Colombo 5
- A letter from the employer confirming the old or incorrect NIC number and the new or correct NIC number with a proof of identity and a request to amend the number should be sent to the Superintendent, EPF, Central Bank, Colombo 1.
- If the previous employer is no longer active, the members should get the advice from the Department of Labour.
- In the case of a same NIC number being added to several members, all members’ total contribution details from the beginning of work till the end should be sent along with the letter of request (Download the Format here).
- If the new NIC number is different with the old NIC number a letter from the Department of Registration of Persons confirming the old and new NIC numbers should be submitted along with the employer request and other relevant documents.
- In case of an amendment to a deceased members’ NIC number the beneficiaries should get the advice from the Department of Labour, “L” division, 8th Floor, Narahenpita, Colombo 5.
Members / Employees