A beneficiary can be nominated at the very moment of registering with the EPF. “Form-H” is used to nominate one or several beneficiaries given that the nominator provides sufficient details regarding the share each nominee is entitled to.
- An unmarried person may nominate any one
- A married person may nominate family members including spouse, children, parents, brothers and sisters etc…
It is possible to cancel an existing nomination and re-nominate beneficiaries at any given time. “Form-J” should be used and the duly filled form should be sent to the Labour Office of the area where you live.
A nomination can be cancelled at any given time. “Form-I” should be used and the duly filled form should be sent to the Labour Office of the area where you live.
- A nomination effected before marriage is automatically cancelled upon marriage.
- When a minor is nominated, a guardian may be appointed and will be paid benefits. When the minor attains maturity the guardian’s nomination is automatically cancelled.
- When a member dies without nominating a heir the benefits will be paid according to a court order under the Inheritance of Property Act.
In the case of a Refund by a beneficiary, "Form-L" should be obtained from the Labour Office or downloaded from the website and should be sent back duly filled to the same office along with other relevant documents indicated in the form.
- Death certificate
- Bio Data certified by Grama Niladari (GN) and Divisional Secretary (DS)
- Marriage certificate if applicant is spouse
- Birth certificate if applicant is child
- Birth certificate of member if applicant is parent
- Certificate of guardianship and a letter from (GN) and (DS) if the applicant is a minor These forms will be verified and clarified against the records such as
- Name against A, B and H forms
- Thumb impression
- Documents submitted by nominees in the case of an application on behalf of a dead member.
After the forms are forwarded to the EPF Department, if not in order, the application will be returned to the member. If the Application is accepted, an acknowledgement will be sent with a reference number (The DL Number), which the member should retain for future reference.
The application will be further validated against EPF records and can get rejected if,
- The name appearing in the application defers from the name appearing in the statement
- "Form- 14" is absent (In the case of unsettled housing loans)
- The request is already refunded.