Regardless of the nature and the category of your business, an employer of even one employee is legally bound to pay contributions to the Fund.

Within 14 days of the recruitment of the first employee “FORM-D” should be filled in duplicate, certified and sent via registered post to the nearest Labour Office or directly to the Commissioner of Labour. A registration number will be sent with two letters of the English Alphabet indicating the revenue district.

Organizations and Institutions Exempt from payment of contributions

  • Social Service Institutions which provide training for youthful offenders, the destitute, the visually and aurally handicapped.
  • Charitable Organizations employing less than 10 employees.
  • Establishments where only members of a family work. (If even one employee is employed from outside the family the institution is bound to pay contributions.)
  • In Government and Local Government Institutions contributions must be paid for non-permanent employees.
  • In establishments where Directors and Partners are the only members, if these members receive a salary or an allowance, contributions should be paid.
Members / Employees

When leaving service on reaching age of retirement.

  • 1) Males - 55 years
  • 2) Females - 50 years

When leaving service on grounds of marriage in the following context
(For female Employees)

  • 1) If married within 3 months of leaving service
  • 2) Have left service within 5 years of marriage
A certified photocopy of the Marriage Certificate certified by the Registrar who registered the marriage or a marriage certificate issued by the Additional District Registrar should be submitted along with the above forms.

When migrating to another country on a permanent Visa

  • 1) The permanent Visa and a photocopy
  • 2) The Original of the passport and a photocopy along with the above forms should be submitted to the Head Office of the Labour Department

Back to Top