Member Re-registration Project

With the intention of providing efficient service to EPF members, the EPF Department and the Department of Labour launched a special project to re-register EPF members by names as appearing in their National Identity Card (NIC) and assign NIC number as the Unique Identification (UID) Number which enables both institutions to use a common Member Centric Database (MCD).

Re-registering of active EPF members (contributing members), has been completed by collecting NIC information and these members were assigned UIDs and created a New Member Registry (NMR) .

Registering of new EPF members under NIC information on real time basis was commenced in November 2010. Accordingly, a monthly monitoring system has been put in place to capture NIC information of all new members to whom member contributions are received by the EPF for the first time in each month.

Linking of previous member accounts of active members to UIDs was also carried out. This facility provides a value addition for members to access and view their EPF balances of multiple accounts by providing their NIC numbers through Internet and Short Message System (SMS).

In view of the above, employers are kindly requested to provide NIC details of the employees those who are recruited to their establishments through the Form RR6 to EPF along with the Form “C/C3” or e return of which their first EPF contribution details are given. More Information

Members / Employees

When leaving service on reaching age of retirement.

  • 1) Males - 55 years
  • 2) Females - 50 years

When leaving service on grounds of marriage in the following context
(For female Employees)

  • 1) If married within 3 months of leaving service
  • 2) Have left service within 5 years of marriage
A certified photocopy of the Marriage Certificate certified by the Registrar who registered the marriage or a marriage certificate issued by the Additional District Registrar should be submitted along with the above forms.

When migrating to another country on a permanent Visa

  • 1) The permanent Visa and a photocopy
  • 2) The Original of the passport and a photocopy along with the above forms should be submitted to the Head Office of the Labour Department

Back to Top